Frequently Asked Questions
IV Nutritional Therapy is a safe, efficient, and effective way to deliver vitamins and minerals directly into your body. Receiving IV vitamins and nutrients directly into your bloodstream bypasses the digestive tract which allows for 100% absorption and bioavailability for your cells, tissues, and organs.
Receiving IV fluids is the fastest way to administer needed fluids, electrolytes, and medications to your body. The goal of IV hydration is to restore your body back to optimal wellness and help boost your immune system.
IV fluid is absorbed directly into the bloodstream with 100% efficiency compared with approximately 50% or less for oral intake. Thus it promotes faster recovery. An I.V. drip usually takes just 30-60 minutes and its effects are felt almost immediately.
That's why IV fluid treatments are indispensable in hospitals and emergency care centers. Living Water Hydration and Health wants to provide you this same service in your home, hotel, office, or our clinic. Feel better now! Give us a call.
- 100% bioavailability and absorption (bypasses the GI Tract)
- Reduces recovery time
- Boosts the immune system and helps fight illness and disease
- Increases energy and combats fatigue
- Can improve anxiety and depression
- Can improve cognitive function and mental clarity
- Maintenance for strength to muscles and tissues
- Can accelerate wound healing
- Reduces symptoms of allergies, asthma, migraines, etc;
- Most of our IV Infusions take approximately 1 hour.
- You will be greeted by a Living Water team member and assisted with any paperwork that needs to be filled out. A urine sample may be asked for before the consultation.
- Next, you will be escorted to the consultation room and a team member will review your paperwork and help decide the best treatment options for you. Your vital signs will be checked.
- Once the IV and Infusion is hanging, you will be escorted to one of our unique "waterfall" or Kansas City sports rooms.
- During this time you can relax, lay back in one of our comfortable recliners, listen to music on your headphones, read, or watch tv (pictures of our mission work or whatever you would like to watch)
- You may experience a warming sensation in your arm, chest, or stomach when the IV is infusing. Also, you may experience a vitamin or metallic taste in your mouth with some of the vitamin treatments.
Yes, it is safe. We only use skilled professionals for IV placement to ensure the least amount of pain is felt (if any at all). Side effects or reactions rarely occur. If they do, they usually are short-lived. Examples of side effects or symptoms that may rarely occur are bruising or minor bleeding at the IV site, warming or cooling sensations through your arm or body, having a vitamin or metallic taste in your mouth, and a vitamin smell to your urine.
This depends on the individual and their needs. We recommend weekly, bimonthly, or monthly infusions for some infusion treatments and injections. However, some treatments are used for urgent treatment of symptoms including migraines, muscle cramping, menstrual cramping, recovering from intoxication, or jet lag to name a few. You can discuss your needs with a trained professional on the phone or during your consultation.